Thursday

Scrapbooks Plus DT- Teach It Thursday: Paper Candles

For this Teach It Thursday I have a new technique and a review of a past technique I showed!
DSCN5837
DSCN5839
On the top of the photo I used a piece of one of the patterned frames and I added rhinestones. On the corner there is an Epiphany Crafts Vintage Settings and on the center I used the Button Round 14 Tool with twine.
These are the decorative bags of the What A Wonderful Collection and I added two strips of paper a flower from the Ephemera Pack and a Vintage Setting from Epiphany Crafts.
I used the alphas from the Sticker Fundamentals to write this bit of journaling since my daughter pronounces old like “off”.
The number 4 is from the Rock Princess Cricut Cartridge and the triangles are from George and Basic Shapes Cartridge but I made them a little wider.
DSCN5845DSCN5846
To make the background you can use this tutorial if you are a Cricut Gypsy user and would like to get this file just leave me your email in the comments section.
To fill the triangles use the the triangles as guides and cut them 1/4 of inch bigger than the original cut. It doesn’t have to be perfect since it will glued in the back.
This is the end result and is really easy to do.
To make the candles start with a rectangle and I curl the paper with a pen to avoid wrinkles. It will wrinkle a little anyways but if you use a pen it will wrinkle less. The thinner the paper the easier it is to make the candle.
When you curl the aper as much as you want cut the excess and glue it. I use a hair pin to hold the candle together. For the candle wick just fold a piece of twine and put glue at the bottom then put it inside the candle.
Easy as that!! You can also make these candles for birthday cards!
I hope you enjoyed the tricks and tips!!
Take Care!!

1 lovely comments:

Renee said...

Love the candles! Great idea Jennie!! :)