Monday

Scrapbooks Plus: Make It Monday

Happy Monday!! I hope you are in the mood for a little mixed media! For this project I used a 16×16 Artist Panel and the November Kit of the Month, Reflections by Echo Park. I saw the clocks on this kit and it reminded me of Alice In Wonderland so I wanted to do something with that theme but maybe more darker and mature Alice.
Before gluing the papers I planned the layout and inked the borders of the pages with brown ink. I glued the papers down with Gel Medium. it wrinkles the paper a little bit so if you use it make a thin layer but make sure everything gets glued down.
I drew Alice in a Watercolor Paper. It wrinkles, so I recommend using canvas paper. (I’ve painted a lot in my life but this is my first time doing a different kind of mixed media with a less artsy and messy background. I’m telling you oops so you can avoid them). I traced her dress on typing paper so I can make a pattern to cut it from the patterned paper.
Here is Alice after her makeover is done. I inked the papers of her dress except on the ruffles on her sleeves. I tried it, but it looked dirty and you couldn’t see the hearts very well. For her collar and sleeves I used the Creme Cardstock from the Reflections Collection.
For her buttons I used the Epiphany Crafts Button studio Tool Round 20 with paper from the collection.I hope you enjoyed this post!! If you have any questions please leave them at the comments section and I will try to get back at you as soon as I can!
Have a Happy Week!!
Take Care!!
Jennie

1 lovely comments:

Melissa said...

Your Alice is gorgeous.. love her eyes. WOW!