Friday

Gold and Cork Blog Hop with Tombow USA and DCWV!


Hi and Welcome to the Gold and Cork Blog Hop with Tombow USA and DCWV! We have 2 days full with gorgeous projects using GOLD and CORK! You probably came here from Piali's Blog but if you happened to stumble across my blog go to the Tombow USA Blog to start! 

I made two little projects, the first one is a mini album. This is a Kraft Insta Fun Album. I used glimmer mist on it and then added what it looks like one big embellishment but it's actually a bunch of layers. In the center I used a doily, a die cut doily using the Gilded Stack, a circle tag die cut I made with the Printed Cork Stack, Vellum, and a bow with a button. 

To make the bow and glue all the embellishments I used the Tombow Xtreme Permanent Adhesive. It's clear so it worked perfect on the vellum without showing and it's strong enough to handle heavier materials like the cork and the button.

My second project is a page I made for my planner. I've been to few stores and I can't find a planner that suits me so I found a printable and made my own pages. 

Instead of just gluing 3 sides to make a pocket, I take a one inch piece of cardstock and I fold it in half and using the Tombow Xtreme Permanent Adhesive I glue one half to the pocket and the other to the page. This way it gives a little more wiggle room for papers. 

On the top right page and the page reinforcements I used the Tombow Stamp Runner Dot Adhesive with the Clearsnap Foils to create this gold pattern.

Don't forget that the hop continues tomorrow! PS: It's cheaper to get a cork stack and use a punch instead of buying cork die cuts or stickers.


Do you want to make your own Gold and Cork projects? Check out this giveaway!

To win, visit and comment on the participating blog posts. You have until March 31st at 11:59 EST to comment. A winner will be picked randomly and announced on April 1st 2015.

Tombow will be giving away: Tombow Xtreme Adhesive, NEW Tombow Adhesive Dots, NEW Tombow Foam Tape and everyone’s favorite the Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue!

DCWV will be giving away: The DCWV Gilded Stack, a 4x4 Cork Stack, Insta Kraft Album, Accordion Album and a set of Birthday Photo Props!


Remember to “Like” Tombow USA and DCWV on Facebook.

YOUR NEXT STOP IS the DCWV Blog!

40 lovely comments:

Suman Pandit said...

Loved both the projects, the glimmer mist gives a very lovely look !!

Jeff S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff S said...

I love the combo of the cork and the gold. What great projects!

jcobb said...

I love all of your layers and that bow is so pretty! Love the cork/gold combo!

Rachel said...

love your planner pages! and the album cover is GORGEOUS!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Amy C. said...

Your album cover is a stunner!

Alma Dirpaul said...

Beautiful cover and helpful tips. Thanks.

D.Ann C said...

I love the front of your album and thanks for the fab 'wiggle room' tip!!

Janet's Joy said...

I love how you decorated your album!!

Donna G. said...

Cute planner pages!

Laurie2cats said...

great projects, lovely layers on the album cover

Beckie Williams said...

I am in love with your planner page! Awesome JOB!

craftbreakwithkathy said...

Very pretty. This paper pack makes such a classy project. TFS

GinaF said...

Very nice. I haven't been able to find a planner I like yet either, and you have given me some good ideas.

Missy said...

I love the pocket tip! Beautiful paper!

Randellyn said...

What a cool planner! Looks like you had a lot of fun dressing it up!

Helen Gullett said...

Amazing job on the planner page!!! WOW... this cork and gold just perfect for your planner :)

barbara macaskill said...

Love the layering on the cover of the mini album and your planner page is amazing! I think I am going to have to craft lift this idea and create my own planner using your pocket tutorial! So much nicer than buying a generic one that just doesn't suit me! Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

Teresa Doyle said...

Jennie, I really, really like your mini album. You do need good strong adhesive when making pockets and such, otherwise they come apart. (Ask me how I know this! HA)

Melody said...

Nice page layout.

Indy's Designs said...

Fabulous projects! Love the vellum bow!

Mary Holshouser said...

The cover is beautiful. Love the layering. good to know that Tombow has a tape that will not show through vellum. That is always a big problem - covering the adhesive that shows through.
Great the way you made the pocket.
thanks for sharing.

Waving My Wand said...

Wowza, what an amazing cover! I guess I need to step it up and stop having bland covers on my albums. You've given some great ideas!!

Lori A. Geise said...

So creative. I never think to decorate my album covers.

Jean said...

Love the idea of doing this! And it is so pretty!

Cindy Groh said...

Awesome. Both projects rock.

Roseanna C said...

Thanks for the inspiration, love your projects

Sylvia said...

Nice planner!

Sherry Butcher said...

nice planner, Love all the elements and the contrast of cork. TFS.

Laceysocks said...

Beautiful! Love this combination!

scrappin2babygirls said...

love your planner and your mini amazing job on both!

Jeff S said...

What a great layout! Great ideas!

Migdalia said...

Both Gorgeous!!
Have a wonderful day,
Millie
Crafting With Creative M

Anita Gambrell said...

Very nice! Having fun learning new things with blog hop!

TracyM #6773 said...

BEAUTIFUL mini album cover and pretty planner pages Jennie!!!
LOVE the ELEGANT gold and your BEAUTIFUL vellum bow!!!
THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION!!!

Ladyofthelake318 said...

Wonderful projects! Thanks for sharing!

Sue D said...

Great projects with these supplies.

Robyn said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful project.

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Love the beautiful way you decorated your Insta album cover and pocket page. Love DCWV's cork and gold together!!!

Tina Campbell said...

Wow that is a coo project love that idea with the vellum all stacked up too :)