Saturday

Tombow USA Blog Hop with Elizabeth Craft Designs

Hi and Welcome to the Tombow USA Blog with Elizabeth Craft Designs!
You probably came from Helen's Blog but if you happened to stumble across my blog go to the Tombow USA Blog to start!
For my project I did some cards with some girls I drew inspired by Megan K Suarez.
I LOVE the watercolor paper!! If you mix it up with Tombow Dual Brush Pens it is magic!!

To do the background I did wavy lines with the Tombow Dual Brush Pens on the watercolor paper and then I took a watercolor brush to smear the lines and do a lighter shade of pink. 









I sketched the girls with the Mono Drawing Pencils and then I traced the lines with the fine tip of the Mono Twin Permanent Marker. I used a flower from the Elizabeth Craft Designs Hats Peel Off Stickers, the circles on the background came from the same set.

 To glue all the papers I used the NEW Tombow Xtreme Permanent Adhesive and for the sequins I used the Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue.

The butterfly is from the Daisies in Oval Peel Off Stickers, the bow is from Hats and my favorite little stars are from Cup Cakes.


How about some fun prizes!! In order to enter to win the prize, please comment on all the Design Team’s projects this week as well as “Like” TombowUSA and Elizabeth Craft Designs on Facebook.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:


Tombow:


Today the Blog Hop ends with me,but come back tomorrow for more inspiration!
Have a great Saturday!

The Lineup is:
Friday April 18th:



Saturday April 19th:



Sunday April 20th:




81 lovely comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Very creative Jennie!

mob said...

Your style is so different from anything I've seen in he blog hop. Perfect for my 'tween.

Susie said...

Love your "funky" style!

carrie said...

Super creative card! Love all the bright colors you used.

Beejay said...

Love the fun card! The Tombow pens worked so well! Can't wait to try them!

Jean Bullock said...

Wow, what great coloring. Very interested in the water color paper. the card is cute as can be.

Unknown said...

very nice thank you

Diane said...

So pretty, bright and cheerful...these would make anyone happy to receive!!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried the Tombow pens but they'll be on my shopping list. Great idea to smear the pink lines and you did it on the blue. Really adds interest. Great projects. Thanks for sharing ideas for using items I hadn't seen before.

sandyh said...

i love these cards! you have a very nice "hand" for drawing your girls!

Betty B said...

Cute girl. I like how you incorporated bits from several of the Peel Off sets. I always have left-over bits. Sequins are the 'in' trend I hear.

Jacqueline Smith said...

Fabulous cards!

Kelly Booth said...

WOW Now I really need all of those markers!! This is soooooooo Fun!!!

TishR said...

Great use of the bright colors

Shari Z said...

Nice cards and I love the bright colors that you used!

Charmaine Stack said...

Great background technique.

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

I LOVE all the colors you've used and how you incorporated the peel-off stickers into the card. Wonderful how you created the background paper & the girl's pink hair is so cool.

Renee Collier said...

So colorful! Love it.

BeverlyBL said...

I wish I could draw. These are so cute and with so many great, little details. Lov'em.

RubyInGA said...

Awesome use of colors!

Stephani said...

Really cute cards. Wish I could draw like that! Love how you did the background. Just got some watercolor paper and will have to get the Tombow markers (unless I win some - wish, wish)

Robyn said...

I just loved this!!!!

elf1023 said...

Bright colors, excellent coloring job. Love the whole idea!

Sue Martin said...

Such intense color combinations...love it!!

Vicki Sopcak said...

Great use of the Tombow and Elizabeth Craft Design stickers. I like how you incorporated the stickers with your own designs and used the tombow markers to color the designs and create your background.

Candy Spiegel said...

Really unique and original card!

Linsey R said...

Oh my goodness Jennie, these are out of the world!!! I love how you've showcased how to incorporate the fabulous Elizabeth Craft Designs skickers with the awesomeness of Tombow into mixed media art!!! This is my favorite type of art--especially love the one-of-a-kind girls you've sketched--this is what makes a piece of art extra special in my opinion :) Your work is incredibly inspiring and this co-hop has been extraordinary and so much fun!! Can't wait for day 3!!! Hugs and have a wonderful and blessed Easter!

Debbie J. said...

This card used an interesting array of color with the watercolor paper. It is very intriguing. A good use of the stickers.

Chiara T. said...

Wonderful background and great colors.

Sharon Jane said...

Such a bright and fun card. Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

Just gorgeous. And bright. Beautiful

Georgia peach said...

Beautiful card...very vibrant...well done

Sue Ann F. said...

What a fun and colorful card. I love that you made your own background. Great job.

Stamp Magic said...

Wow! These are so cool!

Cynthia Clark said...

You had your creative mojo going! Nice. I love these face peel-offs, I wish they were available as stamps as well.

Lynn Fletcher said...

Such amazing talent! I love the girl you did on the card and all the peel off stickers just in the right spots! :)

Unknown said...

Super cute

Brenda said...

Those girls are just the cutest! The colors you chose were so vibrant and alive. Thanks for sharing.

Mary C. Nasser said...

What delightful cards!
Love the details and bright colors!

Louise H. said...

The colors on your card simply pop out at you. Nice job.

cghundley said...

Very lovely work
on these.
Carla from Utah

Yvette Williams said...

Very creative. Like a lot.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Thanks for sharing!

K.E. said...

Love the colors and the girl is so cute!

Catz said...

These are super cute! Nice work! :)

daMamma said...

Groovy cards.

Jeannie said...

Thanks for showing us another way to use the Tombow markers.

Gretchen Wilson said...

Fun projects.

Annie C said...

Your cards are very colourful. Loving the girl pictures you sketched, and how you colour them. Makes me wanna try out those Tombow markers.

Robin B. said...

Wow, pretty cards! I love the bright colors and all of the details, thanks for sharing.

Margie said...

These are so cute! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Beautiful colors..

Unknown said...

you are a fantastic drawer I absolutely love the first girl and would buy it as a stamp in a heartbeat.

Linda Storey said...

Just LoVe the tween cards. The colors are great. Thanks for the inspiration, I have 2 tween granddaughters & I was wondering how to do their birthday cards this year.

Unknown said...

What a great work of art! The colors are so vibrant a beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Very colorful and original cards! The sketching is fabulous! Thank you for sharing!

Heather B. said...

I love that you combined your own sketching into the design of the piece. Since I've resumed stamping I find I've stopped drawing so this is inspiring me to reconsider drawing on my creations too.

Renee' said...

cute, cute cards...I just love how you created the backgrounds. Thank you

Craft Coach Laurie said...

Such great details!

Unknown said...

Great cards and the colours, wow.

Ava Gavloski said...

such a fun colored card, nice work with the tombow glue

mrscraft said...

Your "girls"seem to shine on these pics.

Chris W said...

What a cool card!

inkedx2 said...

Fun way to use the peel off stickers! Thanks for the idea.

Denise Bryant said...

Sweet cards! Love the peel off stickers and the fun colors you used!

barbara macaskill said...

WOW! What fun creations! Love the bright and happy colors! TFS!

Dale said...

Your card is so fun. I am always looking for new ways to be creative and different and you filled the bill!

barbara macaskill said...

WOW! What fun creations! Love the bright and happy colors! TFS!

Unknown said...

Great job! The colors are beautiful.

Samantha F. said...

Enjoyed your cards. They are so colorful and vibrant!

Katie said...

Wonderful drawings and vibrant coloring! Love how you used the peel-offs to benefit your designs. Really neat! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

momkerchie said...

Very nice. Very unique

Deborah Long said...

Love your coloring!

Unknown said...

What a cute card for a pre-teen girl! Great display of so many products from multiple sets. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Txcowgirl said...

You've really got me interested in trying the markers. Love these cute designs and colors. Thanks for sharing.

Amy C. said...

These cards are so cute and very artistic! Thanks for sharing!

Else49 said...

Love these cards. Bright and playful.

grammypat said...

Very pretty girls - good job !! I like the colours and products you have chosen to make these very creative cards. Thanks for sharing

mswhizz said...

It's nice to see that the markers are so versatile. TFS,

TracyM #6773 said...

FUN & FABULOUS!!!
LOVE the colours, your SUPER CUTE sketch and pretty peel-offs - LOVE IT ALL!!!

Anonymous said...

What Fun!