Friday

Stampendous! and Tombow USA Blog Hop!

 Hi Everyone! I hope you are having fun so far! You probably came from Lyn's Blog, but if you stumbled across my blog go to the Stampendous! Blog to START!
Today I have 3 cards and 2 techniques for you! This first card is a shaker card and I will explain this one below!
But first, I wanted to share a different coloring technique. Pointillism, which is basically coloring with dots. 
 I used different sizes and different tones of green Tombow Dual Brush Pens. My lightest color was 133 Chartreuse, which I used in most of the Cling Create A Christmas Set tree stamp. But instead of coloring with strokes like I normally do I made more dots. You don't really notice the dots unless you look closely. The effect of pointillism is that the eye blends the colors and that is why you don't really see the yellow, because is one of the colors that makes green.
 I used the Create A Christmas Die Cut to cut out the white garland and to glue it I used the Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue. I also used Dot Sparklers Class A Peel Stickers in Hologram Red. I used the Tombow Foam Tape to give dimension to the circle and the tree die cut.
 The second one is a shaker card! Everyone makes them different, but this is how I made this one!
95% of the time my cards are 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. That means my mat is 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 inches and the accent paper base (or in this case the only paper I used) is 4 x 5 1/4. I tried to place the tree die from the Create A Christmas Die Cut Set  as centered as my eyes let me. I kept the die in place with a thin washi tape that is not very strong. You don't want it to ruin your paper.
 Then I used this rectangle for the bottom. You have two options for a bottom in this set, the other can also be used as a gift.
 I used the Fuse Tool to make the first square. I took a piece from a 12x12 page protector and made a rectangle a hair smaller than the base paper. Remember to leave one side open. Then fill it with sparkly goodness! It's my favorite part, it makes me feel like a paper wizard or a paper chemist. LOL
 Inside the pocket I used Stampendous! Shaved Ice, Christmas Micro Glitter Kit, and sequins. To concentrate all the goodness I made a line outside the tree with the Tombow Mono Twin Permanent Marker and used the Fuse Tool in those areas.
 The Tombow Xtreme Permanent Adhesive is the absolute best to glue the plastic sleeve!
 The mat of my card is silver, which you can't tell much on the photo because it reflects back whatever is in from of it, so on the back of the tree I used white cardstock a hair smaller than the patterned paper. The patterned papers and the round sequins I used are from the Oh Deer Collection from Fancy Pants Designs.
I hope you enjoyed these cards! I had so much making them! Don't forget to hop tomorrow too!

There are 2 prize packages that include:
*A roll of Tombow Foam Tape
*Your choice from Stampendous Create Fall, Create Christmas, Create Winter or Create a Poinsettia Cling Stamp set and Matching Dies

To win:
·        * Have a US Mailing Address
·        * “Like” TombowUSA on Facebook and Stampendous on Facebook
·       *  Follow @tombowusa and @stampendous on Instagram
·        * Follow @tombowusa and @Stampendous
·        * Follow Tombow USA and Stampendous on Pinterest
·        * Comment on all the blog posts from both teams all week. Including our pre-game posts Mon-Thurs and our Weekend hop Fri-Sun.
·         We’ll give you until Tuesday, September 22 to get all those great comments in, then we’ll choose 2 winners on Sept 23.


 YOUR NEXT STOP IS JAMIE!

25 lovely comments:

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Fabulous cards Jennie with lots of inspiration! TFS

Lea said...

Amazing cards! I love how you did the "pockets" filled with sparkly goodness! I'm going to have to check out the Fuse Tool!

jcobb said...

What unique trees! Love them all!

Janelle Stollfus said...

So awesome! Love these shaker cards!

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love all your cards! Gotta try that coloring technique!

Sabrina said...

All your cards are fabulous!!!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the Christmas tree in its many designs.
I've seen pointillism but have not tried it.
I'm happy if I can get a decent coloring job done.
Your painting is great.
thanks for sharing.
Illinois

barbara macaskill said...

WOW! These are all so magnificent!! I especially love the shaker card!! What a great idea!! Must make this!! TFS! Barb in VT

Stampendous said...

Oh my stars! These tree cards are FANTASTIC! Your clever use of the tree die is such a great idea to make those shaker cards, the colored trees are OH so gorgeous. LOVE THEM ALL! Thank you for playing along in the hop this weekend!

Emily said...

Those cards are adorable! The shaker card is awesome!

Viki Banaszak said...

These are such cool and bold cards! I love the shaker cards. Great idea. Greetings from Kansas, USA

Crafty Aunt Dee said...

Love the color work using dots. So unique and unusual and beautiful. Fun cards, great work.

Unknown said...

I am dreaming of owning a fuse for this very reason. I absolutely adore your shaker card it is just amazing. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing! Im from Oregon

Shari said...

I absolutely love shaker cards. I also love how you colored the tree in the other card. So pretty!! Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

I love shaker cards and your cards are so pretty! I sure wish I had ALL of the products you used. How fun!! TYFS!!

D.Ann C said...

Shakers are always such fun! Florida

Judy said...

What fun cards. I really like how you cut the tree and then made a shaker card with it. Thanks for sharing your ideas on using these fun products.

Jean Bullock said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jean Bullock said...

USA What fun and festive cards. Well done. Thanks for sharing your techniques.

LaChelle Unger said...

Jennie your cards are fantastic! I love the dot technique and I'm going to try your shaker tree!

Sue D said...

Very fun and festive. I like the pointillism coloring technique you used.
Sue in Ohio

Pam Hornschu said...

Looks like you were having way too much fun! Love these cards! Great colors, and unique ideas.

Unknown said...

Love the idea of shaker cards! Have yet to make one. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jean said...

These are just wonderful!

TracyM #6773 said...

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS cards!!!
LOVE your shakers, ADORE your Pointillism tree - WOW - SUPER EXCITED - NEED to try this technique - THANK YOU for sharing!!!
Tracy from Victoria, Australia